Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 21 2004 02:58 PM
Re: Regarding your wave...

>>Let us know when it hits puberty, please

hahahahahahahahaha
------------------------------------------------
97L's looking a little stronger this morning. I'm assuming any circulation is out front of the system. It's got that classic MLC look where the convection is east of whatever rotation is there. We're all familiar with that over the last few years. Lyons yesterday evening had a chart of winds ahead of the system. It consisted of concentric ovals from 12k to 18k shear. In my world, that's not much of an attack on a wave. Also, the ULL and trof north of the system doesn't seem to be having much of an effect except to pull in a little of the wave's moisture.

The Tropical Models seem to be going with a VERY southerly solution. I haven't looked at any of the updated Globals to see if they're still factoring in a potential Carolinas blowup yet. That's coming. Here in New Orleans, there is a major exercise going on for "Hurricane Pam" where dozens of experts are here in town working on disaster recovery. It was a big story in yesterday's paper and I didn't get much of a chance to read it. If anyone is interested, please click on the link below. There is no registration but it may ask for a zip and gender (lie if you gotta).

Hurricane Pam

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center