Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Jul 21 2004 04:27 PM
watching all 3 and know what you mean

I see that was impt enough for NHC to get a good reading on IF there is any surface low pressure where exactly it is.

Without the exact pin point of surface low pressure and possible LLC the models are basically worthless and for entertainment value only. If you have the wrong starting point you end up at the wrong end point with models and tropical forecast predicting.

Convection has died down noticeably... most likely temporary considering how moody this system is. It does seem to be able to get convection up but.. doesn't seem to be able to maintain it. Being real good here, hope someone appreciates that.

So.. want to say Jason M does an unreal beautiful job of forecasting and respect his ability to write and keep whole sentences going at the same time. Bet he got As for grammar.
I was always better on content than grammar.

See what you are pointing to on visible.. just not ready to buy into any one thought on this system other than I still think it's west bound with the slightest pull to the north.

Waiting to see what the recon finds. But, if it peters out the rest of the day like it's doing now.. they are going to be real pissy when they get there. NHC doesn't like to be jerked around and have waited along time so far to finally take a close look at it. Either way.. nice to get the planes in the air I suppose.

Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center