LI Phil
(User)
Wed Jul 21 2004 08:13 PM
Re: fizzle again?

James & TG,

It's still a pretty robust wave...but unfortunately it is still just a wave, going thru phases of intensification. It'll still be there tomorrow. Unless of course the sun doesn't rise tomorrow.

Will be interesting what NHC says at the 5:00 TWO.

As far as the plane turning around (are you sure it did?), I have a couple of questions. I'm sure NHC had quickskat data as well as Dvorak #'s remaining at 1.5/1.5. Wouldn't that data be enough NOT to send out recon to begin with? I'm not questioning the decision...they must have had something to go on. Just seems that from all the available data, it should be apparent it's not a TD yet. Right?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center