Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Wed Jul 21 2004 10:25 PM
My thoughts...

Hey guys,
time for my usual evening post. Looking at the satellite imagery as the light begins to fade over 97L, there is definite evidence of a circulation in the southwest quadrant of the convection. Whether this is mid-level or surface i cannot say, and i dont wish to speculate. Convection has weakened a little, but is to be expected with a developing and weak system. However, what convection there is seems to be taking on banding features. I dont see this being classified at least until recon have been out on Thursday, but i will be very interested to see what they find if it holds together. With an improving upper-level atmosphere then this thing has a reasonable shot at becoming our first Tropical Cyclone of the season.

Regards

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center