Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Jul 22 2004 01:54 PM
Re: What if it is really GONE?

>>Just Dave Old Sailor but do have some viking blood

Pardon, monsieur. I (Je) thought you were Old Swede come back as Old Sailor. He and I had our run ins, but it's all good. I've got a bit of the old Viking in me as well. J'parle Francais un peu de seulment or I speak French only a little. But I can actually converse a bit in it when required.
------------------------------------------------
As for 97L, like Bobbi said, "if it doesn't work out, well that's just the way it goes." As of right now (sans any analysis), I'd bet it becomes part of a deep tropical surge of moisture. We've seen that before - systems with potential that never quite got their act together though ended up dumping 4-5" of rain on somebody with a 15-20mph breeze. Like most of you, I'll take what I can get. It's hard to say how much life 97L's got left to it. It's been funneled through a 'chute' in the central Caribbean. My guess is that the axis is just west of the western tip of Jamaica, but your guess is as good as mine. Conditions are supposed to be somewhat favorable for development. But it's like turning the fire on a pot of water. If you don't add any ingredients, all you get is boiling water.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center