HanKFranK
(User)
Thu Jul 22 2004 10:11 PM
nothing doing

situation normal. 97L isn't really a trackable entity right now.. just an un-exciting wave today. the interesting looking wave near 45w isn't moving very quickly. has spotty convection and an interesting itcz signature, but no real model support. weak low exposed west of the hung decaying trough off the southeast, noted earlier by several. expected something like that.. until it associates with convection it shouldn't do a whole lot.
whereas i was talking 2 of 3 that we'd have a storm by friday afternoon, today i see no chance of a system prior to sunday.
dust duchess i know '92 was an interesting year and all, but i can name several like it with similar overall conditions that had no cat 5 hurricane hitting florida. it was a chance event, really.. and not useful to compare to this year.
SOI has been down for several days now.. i'm getting fairly sure that weak el nino conditions will be upon us late in the season. it's going to take a prolonged neutral period or positive spike to bust the trend from here.
my numbers are stuck low.. maybe i'll get closer after all.
HF 2212z22july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center