Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Jul 23 2004 02:50 PM
touching all the bases here

Rich.. I've noticed that the area of deepest convection is not over the area that i think is I think the center of the subject area. The stronger moisture seems displaced. Norcross pointed to an area that I think was to the East of what you would see on the sats and get all excited. So.. either its misplaced moisture or multiple vortixes such as we see often in this area in quasi-tropical disturbances.

There is the barest signature of a possible circulation center from the old wave down in the Caribbean. The stuffing really got kicked out of that wave from that blow torch of air that came down from the north and sucked some of the moisture up into the Bahamas. Looks a bit like the Scarecrow with haye all over him lying there on the ground trying to put himself back together. Luckily the Scarecrow had Dorothy and this wave has nothing but bits and pieces of what it used to be. Wanna be is I suppose better than Has Been.

Wave off Africa is beautiful and may I add has intensified as opposed to the way the last few lost all signs of life and convection after they hit the water. Definitely something to watch.

But..dry air out there.. all over and African Dust.

Still is a sort of vague twist in a dry wave out around 50, very dry.

Steve..good round up you wrote there. Where is Bastardi anyway? Imagine he said something, he writes more words than I can on any given day.

Take care all.. am around but either way.. have a great weekend.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center