Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Fri Jul 23 2004 09:37 PM
98L: my forecast

I was hoping to be wrong with 97L. As for 98L, I cant say I am that sure what it will do. The only other system that had that good of a chance that was in this area this month was near Bermuda, and this does not seem to have much in common with that one. This seems to have a better chance than the wave did as this isnt undergoing any evident shear. THe reason I am uncertain of what to say is because I have had the weather channel off since my post a few days ago. I checked the floater a few hours ago to see why Celia was still a storm, and SURPRISE! New invest system near Bahamas. I havent tracked this one long, so for the next day or two, I'll leave the forecasting up to you all.

quick note on 97L: the remnant circulation seems to be at 15N84W and is going to move into Nicaragua within the next day.

(question: is there a reason why the invest systems start at 91, and second, i remember the earlier invests: 91L in May, 92L in the gulf, 95L off of Africa a while back, 96L was the Bermuda system, 97L was the wave, and this is 98L. so does anyone know when 93L and 94L were? were there even a 93L or 94L at all?)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center