HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Jul 24 2004 05:23 AM
Re: "98L

98L i suppose is the answer to that system in the subtropics i've been thinking on for some time. the trough is finally splitting, and when the upper air patterns reorient there should be a decent environment for further development, though it is far from a certainty. if something were to develop north carolina would be the most likely of targets. no news there.. the outer banks are ALWAYS the most likely target on the east coast.
97L's ghost is hacking and coughing, perhaps trying to rise from the dead. i'm not too optimistic, but anything bastardi is pondering as possible i take as credible interest.
east atlanitc not ready to give us anything now, though a couple o' trouble areas could eventually do something.. highly unlikely however.
one week to go in july, and mjo going positive.. and in spite of that the basin keeps trying to do something. nothing out there right now promising to be storm #1... but there's still time this month.
HF 0523z24july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center