joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 24 2004 05:24 PM
The Little Triangle

Interesting to see that we at least have some clouds in areas that could produce our first TD/TS of the season. That's a welcome change from the empty sat pictures that was giving us storm trackers a bad name!!

Old 97L still has a faint pulse, and of the three corners of the triangle, is most likely in the best spot. Moving at a snails pace compared to what it was doing earlier in it's life, we need to see some pressure drops to get it going again. Worth watching just because it's that time of the year.

Not too impressed with 98L, but east of the Bahama's is starting to look interesting if that's part of the same system. A little further south than I expected, and just a slight twist going on there.

Area E/NE of PR caught me by surprise. That wave was as dry as they come not more than a day or two ago, I swear. Look at it this morning, and there it is again.....I like it's position as well, but I'll take the post that says chances are not that good as a reasonable statement, for I'm not all that good at seeing all the factors that play into storm develpment.

The wave noted off of Africa seems SA bound to me...way south.

But all in all, signs that we are going to get a whole heck of alot of activity all at once sometime soon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center