HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Jul 24 2004 11:10 PM
on hold

here's the rundown:
two trouble areas in the basin have problems of their own. former 97L found a patch of ridging, convection came back today.. and predictably low level easterlies are surging in to sweep the surface 'hurricane stew' out from under the support. there, i just coined a phrase. anyhow all this stuff seems to be going the way of old mexico. no, it isn't hungry for tacos, so don't make that extremely funny joke again.
98L (which is one of two vortexes NW of the SW/NE oriented convection from w cuba to north of bermuda) has a convectionless swirl sitting 200 mi SSE of hatteras and a slightly more formidable (ha) one moving NNW which is SE of hatteras.. noted in the TWO. that's a lot of bearings to read and understand, probably easier to eyeball them in the visibles. off to the southeast a bunch of convection assoicated with a wave, enhanced by overhead diffluence, is coming up NW. should enter the mix tomorrow, maybe fire off more swirls. this is a festering problem area that has so far not caused any trouble.
brief but pertinent off-topic. maybe it's that i just dated an english-teacher student or maybe i just feel like poking fun at people's spelling. no names, just some corrections for mistakes i keep seeing:
1) condusive. that's phonetically correct, but you spell it conducive.
2) comming. nope, just one m (coming).
keep in mind you've just been informed how to spell correctly by a drawling carolinian (think slower boomhauer) who is not many generations removed from banjo-picking and moonshine. that should get y'all spellin' right. raaaight. enunciation is another issue.
HF 2310z24july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center