LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 25 2004 03:04 PM
Hedging our bets are we?

Seems to me that half the room believes the tropical wave split in two and like a dog refusing to give up its bone we are claiming victory either way because..

either something swirls in the gulf
or
it swirls off the E coast and

either way its from the old wave so..
we were right .. if something forms its from that wave

funny when you think on it

will concede that the system off of the Atlantic as Rich said may become our first coordinated entity .. maybe Alex, but will it be truly tropical or a rogue storm

either way may bring glancing rains to someone up the way

as for west bound wave part..not sure it didnt sweep up into yucatan area and might get something going in gulf i just dont think the gulf is going to be very active this season.. not this way

and... wave out in Atlantic that Steve Lyons is making fun of may not be very convectively exciting but its there and more so has a twist and held its own for a long distance so wouldnt write it off

area ne of PR is showers interacting with various upper level winds, hoping it will enhance showers in this area if it keeps going..

I dont need enhancement, need action and need the real thing

But either way we can all say energy from that wave got transported up into the atlantic and helped make a boring little alex

who knows.. alex could go north and stay close enough in to give everyone a messy vacation on Martha's Vineyard or whatever is at the tip of the Cape

Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center