Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jul 26 2004 05:17 PM
looked at the loop, thanks for posting it

Just watched a similar loop on the tropical update on TWC and....

I'm not going to be a quiet, goody two shoes little girl on this one. It looks better now than it did at 10.

Its tightly wound. Has closed circulation. Storms have wrapped all around. And, its moving en masse as in entity.
And, unless someone took stars away from the Dvorak its got a high enough rating.

So......explain to me why it couldn't have been classified as a Sub Tropical Depression (at the least) and given cords and an advisory. Come on.. I want to be explained "why" it doesn't deserve that much respect.

I doubt seriously that the NHC is taking the Haiti horror into account. Early enough into the season and they did issue a disturbance statement on possible flooding though thats sort of like calling Ricky Williams leaving the Fins a small bump on the road to the SuperBowl. But, still it did receive some attention. If it had been about to plow into lower Texas I venture to say it would have been upgraded to TD but I believe they can say they felt there wasn't enough hard data to upgrade the Haitian disturbance. Very unpopular on the boards but we aren't the ones calling the shots. We are simply posting out thoughts, putting out thoughts and hearts out on the line where others can read and agree or make fun of us. And, that I may say takes guts and shouldn't be told to watch what we say because someone may be watching. I am not trying to get a job anywhere as a professional met. I am an amateur. But, sometimes an amateur with experience can read the signs as well as professionals with their own priorities and .........looking for the right word here... predispostions to what they want to record for history's sake as a verified system.. real.. one for the books.

So.. I just want to say here.. that I respect tremendously posters here who bother with their time, energy and creativity to post their thoughts.. leave them on the table for debate and leave their chips where they may. A lot of respect. Trust me .. I have MORE respect for some people here who are as far as I know amateur/hobbiests than I do for many TV people especially a few at Ye Olde Weather Channel. Whether they have a star or a registered name. I am grateful for their presence here and I want to hear their thoughts, raw and honest and sometimes witty.

I wasn't the one that came up with the brillant idea to name Subtropicals. They could have kept them seperate.. you know Able, Baker, Charlie or they could have named them after trained seals at the Seaquarium.. but it was their plan their idea and if they have that classification available I don't see why they aren't going to use it and classify.

Life is about today, not yesterday.. get over the past and not worry over how long it will be there.

From where I sat watching that loop on the tropical update it looked to me that it was a closed, spinning system, warm core over the very warm Gulf Stream and it should be at least given classification as Sub-Tropical #1 for the Atlantic Hurricane Season of 2004.

nope.. no goodie two shoes go quietly into the night Bobbi here.. and I'm wearing heels, nice ones and that's my thoughts for what they are worth.. one star, two stars or none at all.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center