DroopGB31
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jul 26 2004 05:53 PM
NHC

Ahh, the good ole' bashin the NHC when the weather is utterly boring thing again...LOL IMO the NHC has done a great job this year. Earlier this year everyone jumped on them for not classifying that blob in the gulf. If Im not mistaken, that was mainly a trough of low pressure, not just one defined Low pressure system. It became very linear as that day progressed and it never had a chance. Now almost everyone gets on them for not upgrading 98L....IMHO I wouldnt put out one advisory on a small TD thats 6 hours away from being absorbed by a cold front, and moving out to sea over cold waters. Seems like a waste of time to me. Now if it was heading towards NYC or Long Island, I guess if they wanted to play it safe they could issue and advisory for it. Maybe Im the only that feels this way cause Im lazy, I dunno. I do agree with ya'll though that the NHC can be very inconsistent with the criteria they use to upgrade a storm. Remember Grace I think it was, last year? There has been some bad calls no doubt but dont bash them, Im just as anxious as all of you to get the season underway. But if you ask me, I dont want the first storm of the season to be wasted on some dying Low Pressure system, put that name on a healthy lookin wave that deserves it. LOL Patience is the name of the game. Good Day ya'll

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center