LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Jul 26 2004 11:20 PM
not bashing nhc on my part.. disagreeing

its a free country and im allowed to have my own opinions

i dont think there were four systems .. maybe one besides this one but even that not sure..

this i think/feel/believe IS a subtropical and I am very into telling it like it is and being honest, even if a short lived one and i dont see how it can be justified as not ...

if you want to say you dont want to bother.. i agree with phil.. call it, issue advisories, insist it is going out to sea and not a threat.. they have done that many times, people are not stupid and i dont think boston would have to be put under a threat of tropical attack during the democratic convection because of this.. they are used to storms forming, merging, going out to sea

and agree with james in that which way its headed does have some input on their decision

just.. i like keeping it real and to the truth..
and i dont like pretending something isnt what it is when it is and i dont like on the other hand pretending something is bigger than it is because it fits someone's needs..

dont like hype .. dont like games in forecasting

i think NHC did an incredible job with floyd which was a horrible worse case scneario and honestly at any time that monster could have changed direction just enough to do untold damage to florida

i dont see how anyone in florida can complain..
i was at the beach alot taking photos and could hear that monster screaming and moaning like a tornado about to descend upon the prairie..different from almost any other hurricane "out there" i have ever heard..

maybe some people in NC could feel too much emphasis was put on Florida and not them but their local people should have known better in my opinion

one reason i love the re-evaulation of old storms that is going on because i think they correct a lot of bad calls and tho some disagree.. its one reason i am happy about Andrew being renamed a five.. think it deserved it

now..off the soap box
done ranting and what is happening in the bahamas?

bobbi
hope its not another monster out of nowhere cat five storm like that 35 storm, which i really doubt was a cat five but i have my own reasons for that and they are based on solid research historically of the period but thats for another day

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center