Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Jul 27 2004 02:16 PM
Re: Bahamas?

Myself Joe. Originally I thought the pulsing high tide of the Bermuda Ridge would just nudge it past Florida into the Eastern Gulf where it would probably get picked up along the old frontal boundary draped SW-NE. But watching the loops, it appears that the majority of the new flareup is NW-NNW of where the last ball of convection developed. Remnants of 97L are still down in the BOC, but I doubt they pull anything off.

Typhoon Namtheun (gusts to 130k) is taking a very interesting path in the WPAC. Bastardi likens it to a storm that would be taking aim for land between Jacksonville and Savannah from the E or SE. The moral is the strength of the ridge over Japan and it's teleconnections to Eastern North America. He doesn't give much else much of a chance. He noted that the ULL NE of P.R. has entrained a tropical wave and requires monitoring as the convection may start working back on itself. If the ULL splits off SW, it could leave a mid or llc under a difluent flow. Check out the UKMET 00Z run for more info.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center