Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 28 2004 09:41 PM
Re: my analysis

Agreed SteveH. The main problem I have with the ECMWF is that it tends to bias southward waves that it doesn't believe are going to develop. Sometimes it's an outiler, but often it is correct. I trust it more for overall pattern stuff (and the UKMet before I would trust the AVN/GFS suite and certainly more than NOGAPS). The biggest problem with GFS is it's inability to factor warm water in the Western Atlantic always wanting to drop a trof off the east coast in Days 10-15 - also the related convective feedback problem you alluded to.

Anony,

Nothing earth shattering on Joe this morning. I went and checked him out after I posted and he just said that he's watching too and expressed a few concerns.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center