Kevin
(Weather Master)
Thu Jul 29 2004 04:23 PM
Pretty impressive

Looks like things are going to get busy near the U.S. during this weekend and during the upcoming week.

99L doesn't have a circulation at the surface yet, and that is its biggest problem. If you think the system looks good now, wait until the shear subsides even more. All of the models are forecasting a decrease in shear near the SE Coast. I'd say that we are going to probably see development out of this. It just needs some time to develop a surface circ. I think the conditions favor this scenario. I guess track could be interesting too. Gut feeling says NW with an eventual brush with coastal NC, but things get interesting (and tough to figure out) if the system stalls towards the latter part of the weekend.

The gom system is showing life as well. The thunderstorm activity in the southeastern Gulf is already becoming stronger. I think the first test for this system is nighttime persistence. If it persists overnight, then I can really see things starting to roll tomorrow. The upper-level winds also look favorable.

Alex and Bonnie within a few days? Don't rule it out. Heck, we could even see Charley by Monday if believe in the African development that the GFS is showing.

not much longer...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center