Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Jul 29 2004 10:01 PM
Re: what if.. just a what if Fantasy Tracking here..

If "if" was a spliff, we'd be high . Anyway, I don't know about 90L. I think 99L ends up being the quicker developer, but probably ends up not being all that strong. It pumps a bunch of water into the periphery of the building back in Bermuda Ridge. My guess would be from the GA/SC border up to Wilmington, NC. Outside chance of a trap and stall off the coast. Landfall guess is sometime Sunday (but I really have to research before making a real call).

For 90L, I'm just going to wait and see. As mentioned, JB likes a Texas solution and I think that's very plausible. The flow out of the Gulf will be slowly from the East, but it's not going anywhere fast. I'd bet if it's a Texas hit it wouldn't be until next Tuesday at the earliest. If it's at a point further east, subject some time. And if it's a Texas hit, where's it gonna go? That's a big coastline and one where an actual hurricane (if one were to develop) could wreck (sp?) any level of havoc depending on place of landfall.

Interesting days coming up.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center