Kevin
(Weather Master)
Thu Jul 29 2004 11:01 PM
Re: Two Areas Both Near the US that May Need Watching

I really like the look of the Gomex system this evening. You can really see where there is a circulation...just west of the Dry Tortugas. NHC seems to be on the money with this one. If the convection persists overnight, I'd say we'll see TD 1/TD 2 tomorrow. The weather pattern in the Gulf seems to have less commotion than the pattern that is surrounding 99L. Oh-this one has potential too. The shear in the Gulf will probably remain light for the next couple of days, at least. Combine this with a slow motion, and I think you have the recipe for at least a moderate tropical storm. It has to pass the persistence test first though...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center