Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 30 2004 02:12 PM
Re: agree with joe.. can't find one ..

Should be an interesting weekend. Too bad too because if I've gotten more than 5 hours sleep any night in the last 2 weeks, it might have been once. And now it's time to wake up out of a deep sleep at 3:30 am to run to the CPU spin some loops so as not to miss anything. (I'm sure I don't have to tell any of you).

99L maintains that hybrid look. I'm guessing it's essentially still an upper feature (Cocin) with a broad, elongated surface low. I still like my GA-SC border to Wilmington (just south of the Outer Banks) idea. I don't know if it's even going to go inland, stall, or turn up north through Coastal North Carolina. But I think the track is fair. Some of the models are doing more with it farther down the road. That remains to be seen.

90L is a slow mover. It can't pick up much convection because it's all a couple hundred miles east and northeast. Looked at a scat last night before bed and the circulation was very evident. Dave Schartz was all over that later on one of the late night tropical updates on TWC as well.

Today's another watch day. Will 99L get organized before moving toward the coast? One would think the opportunity is there. 90L shouldn't do much today. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday, when there is a little distance between the two, something can get rolling.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center