LI Phil
(User)
Fri Jul 30 2004 03:12 PM
Re: A Cool Picture...

Coupla-three things...been into that urban legends stuff since 9/11 when a boatload of rumors were spreading. James88 is right that it actually took some time before the picture was actually id'ed. It is a cool pic.

Gotta agree with Steve-o on the 99L call. I'm sticking with my earlier call for a TS and landfalling somewhere between the two Carolinas. It's slow to organize, but that will help it to gain strength. And, while I don't get up in the middle of the night to check out loops, first thing in the am is TWC and CFHC on the 'puter.

When I posted earlier this am, JB hadn't put his tropical vid online, so I gotta go check that out. I also haven't checked on recon, but last I heard, they were scheduled to fly out to 99L around 10 am, so if that's still the case, we should have some data soon.

OK, gotta go do some tropical trawling. Check back wit-cho guys later.

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center