Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 31 2004 05:11 AM
Re: 24 hours of limbo

Decent quickscat on 90L @ NRL site It's definitely @ 24N, but I can't make out the longitude line from their site. It's a fairly tight and eliptical low with not /that much/ wind. But the cirulcation is there nonetheless. Nothing much to report tonight. SOI is slightly negative (= neutral), SST's are up in the mid gulf (kindlin), and there's a spot between where 90L's at now and the TX/MX coast that allegedly could support < 900mb action. I don't know what's up with 99L. I agree with all that say some type of center is moving toward the FL coast. Some convection is even on the Peninsula. A wave that disengaged itself will be hooking up with 90L sometime tomorrow. Could that be the ignition switch? Or will it just enhance whatever storms fire off tomorrow? We'll see. Nothing is certain, but I like both of my earlier predictions. I'll give it another look tomorrow.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center