Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Sun Aug 01 2004 12:43 AM
Re: 8 pm

Hey guys,
apologies for the late post but been at work all day and then out this evening celebrating my birthday (25 today!). And looks like i got a decent present too, the first classified system of the 2004 season. Like most of you i dont expect we'll see our first named system til August, but at least we finally have some 'proper' activity. Plenty to watch too as in the previous news item. The wave west of the CV islands actually has been asessed by SSD but no assigned TNumbers as its 'TOO WEAK'. Certainly something else to watch though.

As for TD One. Well i dont expect it to be anything spectacular really. Possibly intensifying to a weak Tropical Storm on Sunday. Landfall, if it happens and the system doesnt recurve out to sea, will probably be as a minimal Tropical Storm with sustained winds of around 45 mph. However, the fact it hasnt moved alot recently suggests it is in the formative stages, and may actually strengthen a little more if it remains over water a little longer.

Anyway, will post more thoughts in the morning.

Kind regards

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center