LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 01 2004 04:39 AM
enjoying your posts.. so many to read

HI.. was away most the day until late this evening and reading through so many posts on the TD.

quickly.. good reading.. nice to read the posts.

think nhc did a good job with it.. it is a TD, sorry it not more exciting for some of you, its just a TD still.. look far to the east for real excitement. I heard the wxr radio around 5 announce the storm.. smiled and smiled even more excited when it mentioned the African wave.. to me that was bigger almost.. having them mention a wave so far away.

Just a note that TD's and weak Tropical Storms can cause a great amount of trouble and flooding ... especially in areas that are already busting with water.

Aren't parts of SC already way over the limit with water?

Thanks for the water loops.

As for the contest .. I've always disagreed with the way its done. To me the first advisory is the start of the season. Not an official name but I'm not in the majority I think here. So, in my mind ed wins though he would probably say "no he meant a storm"

I remember years back SNONUT made some prediction on I think first hurricane.. was more a joking bet online between him and someone else and there was a Tropical Storm .. not a hurricane, strong one on the date and I was so annoyed he qualified it with Hurricane.. so him.. sort of all or nothing person that he is .. but in my mind he really did win but well.. winning is in the eye of the beholder. Won't go political here but that is a subject for debate that will go on past 2004 hurricane season contests on FLhurricane.. for me..think Ed came real close.

So.. we are still looking for that elusive named storm.

I guess to some of you the TD is like an anonymous post.

Happy Birthday Old Sailor.. very happy and who ever is 25.. I'm lost, eyes are blurry from reading.

congratulations to all and to all a good night!
Bobbi
ps..okay i let out a holler when later in the night the NHC said the wave was developing...or whatever they said exactly

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center