LI Phil
(User)
Sun Aug 01 2004 09:43 PM
Ain't Misbehavin'

Actually, ever since Alex got named, he hasn't behaved as the NHC has thought. My gut (and that's all it is) feeling is that he hangs out (stationary) for the time being, before beginning a slow north, then northeast jog. I think the center stays off the coast (just barely), and convection really begins to wrap around the east and northeast quadrants. Folks along the SC and NC beaches will be in for quite a bit of nasty weather.

Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach, NC, so you have to figure the storm will eventually get fairly close to him in the next 24-36 hours. Visibles from there today showed pretty heavy surf and beautiful sunshine, but that's going to change in short order.

As far as intensity, I think this is somewhere in between SHIPS (60 mph @ 24 Hours) and NHC (40 mph); I'll say Alex gets up to 50+ mph in the next 24 hours or so.

Remember, he got named before NHC thought he would (although it should have been fairly apparent he'd get named sooner--hey, if I can see that coming, then they sure should have ).

A'ight [tm by HF], that's my take. Probably be wrong as usual but Alex aint misbehavin'.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center