LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 02 2004 02:43 AM
alex

Debating what to say and think I'm not going to say whats on my mind.

Only will say that Tropical storms are wierd..and weather is not always where the "center" is and sometimes its hard to really see the "center"

Maybe those were straight line winds ??? ok.. being silly.

The thing that amazes me is this.. when you have these storms like IRENE where the core is hard to find and the "weather mass" is a perfectly round blob with perfect symmetry with strongest weather in the middle.. well there has to be a way of handling them that the public understands them.

Weather in South Florida linked all the way back to Alex in some band like/tail (josephine?) and you can't say its not related. yes we have a trough .. an weakness in the atmosphere ...etc.. but curled right in. Maybe all that energy from down south helped strengthen him a drop? If it did..

Personally I think that the wave out there gets an A for tenacity and for maintaining itself in less than perfect conditions. Compells you to pay attention.

Enjoyed Jim/hurricanecity's broadcast tonight. Interesting to hear more about entities that we all use and know of online. A great night to sit in the room, listen to the rain fall and think on where we are going this year and where we have been. Think this is the first of several storms to affect the coastal united states.

Think we all should get ready.. think on what we would do, what our priorities are and make a plan.. because some of us are going to be under the gun.

Thats it.

Nite and keep staring..hoping he won't linger much longer and move on out before he messes things up for a lot of people along the coast who have already had way too much rain lately.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center