Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Aug 02 2004 09:18 PM
alex, bonnie?, black out rain in miami and other tropical thoughts

My question is..
If someone wanted to go take a day or two off and get near enough to take some pictures.. feel some effects...

Would it be worth a trip to the Outter Banks (have been asked here..) or should they just wait til the next wave that might become Bonnie or Charles.

Why does that feel like a song cue should start?

Alex looks good.. better than he has.. like the way he looks on visible. Can finally follow the area the hurricane center was.. Enough of an unknown on intensity forecasting that it is worth the warning being posted. Agree there.

Wave..boy that thing makes my heart go pitter patter. Just to watch it turn on itself and look like a real tropical disturbance should look on its way to depression or storm status. You can see so well where the bands would be IF it did become a hurricane. Don't need a great imagination there.. boy is it a classic.

Miami is having heavy rain again. Not as electrically bad but really dark here at 5..feels like 8.

I don't like people saying there is nothing to worry about when a wave is this far out. It hasn't formed. Models without a verified center are pretty much for entertainment purposes only and may I say .. I am being entertained. So.. not paying attn to anyone screaming FISH or put up warnings before something has even been named. It's a waiting game.. we all know that.

btw.. what did Mr. Bastardi say? Please.. pretty please with strawberries on top.

Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center