LI Phil
(User)
Tue Aug 03 2004 03:25 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 2 Forms, Cat 2 Hurricane Alex Approaches

>>> Not to be pessimistic Phil, but the track forecast takes it towards your neck of the woods.

I don't worry about anything before mid to late August, and in September/October I really take notice.

Depending upon TD2's forward speed and motion (way to early to speculate even out to 72 hours), we'll see how strong the trof is and if it picks it up and away, or if it gets entrained in the Bahamas. Could very easily spin the fishes, could threaten Bermuda, heck, it could even stay south of the trof and make trouble for Fla.

I'll go with the models, though, and trust them for now. Alex was unique (well, not unique), but he was (is) a "homegrown" storm, so the models didn't necessarily get a good grip on him, especially as far as intensity. TD2 is a CV storm, so they probably have a better handle on it as to direction, strength, and forward speed.

Gonna be fun to track, hopefully the folks in the Islands, Luis in PR, and Hispaniola don't get whalloped.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center