Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 04 2004 08:18 PM
Re: TD2

Thanks Phil for the Mid-Day WV Loop break...

Even I would probably pretty much go with it being an open wave at this point. But, my reasoning is not just the shear. I think she's lower than we realize and that a good part of what would be her circulation (if she had bothered to intensify) is over land.. namely South America. They have had showers all along the coast more than usual. And, the last wave to take this path cruised right into the top of South America. Jim talked about this on HurricaneCity but no one wanted to deal with the fact that the part left wasn't the main part and most people tracked it until it reached a neighborhood bar in Oklahoma and ordered Poneys for dinner. But, I think Jim was right in part on that last southern cruiser.. SA did inhibit it's development. And, I think with TD 2 there is some interaction also. The bottom half seems to have disapeered. The top half is mostly so large because its being sheared SW/NE.. making it look bigger than it is. The wave is outrunning itself. GOD I HATE WHEN THEY DO THAT!

So... thanks for a good look. Appreciate it.

And, you are right...there is dry air everywhere. And, if she doesn't lift .. a second battle with shear that would knock the innards out of whatever is left with it.

Think we should call it a day a half an hour early and pretend its 5 o' clock somewhere.

Lastly... since Alex did intensify SO much and is taking a somewhat low path across the Atlantic.. am afraid it may interfere for a bit with development of CV waves.. something to think on.

cheers
Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center