LI Phil
(User)
Thu Aug 05 2004 03:43 PM
Attachment
91L &92L

XTD2 (91L) still up on the NRL site, so they must feel there is something worth watching. Somewhat tongue in cheek, I took HF's challenge (see storm forum) for TD2, and offered a couple of options, the last of which I took, which was that TD2 would miss the trof and slide into the Gulf as a CAT V heading for rickonboat. Well, I really don't think that's going to happen (and I sure pray it doesn't), but that scenario could actually play out (getting into the GOM). Obviously it's still way to early to speculate on future Gulf activity, but, like Steve, I'm concerned about something getting going east of NO, anywhere from LA/MS border to the big bend.

92L seems to also have come back from the "dead". This is probably going to be TD3, maybe sometime within the next 24 hours. Haven't really done any research on it yet, so I'm just throwing the possibility out there (as others already have).

Today is a real watch and wait day. Stay tuned.

As for Alex, yes James, I did see the BAMs taking him back into the east Atl. Somehow, I do not believe that is climatologically possible, given that it would be an extratropical low and being carried with the steering currents, but that'd be something, huh? (click on the attachment at top of this post for the models)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center