Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 05 2004 05:16 PM
Surprises in the basin

HI.

Well, well..how many of us were caught off guard by recent developments? Did anyone here ever imagine seeing Alex explode and strengthen into such a beautiful intense mesmerizing storm? Blew me away. Blows me away?

Shows you how you can never be sure of anything, especially in the tropics.

Saw him yesterday when that stadium effect was starting and thought to myself quietly.. very quietly (in awe) he's going to hit Cat 3. A major. First storm of the year... heads over land and becomes a major moving towards a low hit on Europe. Stunning.

As for TD2..Bonnie girl wanna be... giving her enough rope to play a bit and see where she will go. How things play out. For once not predicting or wishing or figuring or anything, just let the girl play.. see what she can or can't do. That is the song right? Girls just want to have funnnn...Well, seems the wave that was formerly known as the B storm that might become the B storm is playing around, doing her thing and all we can do is watch and wait to see if she has a date with a real name.

Great posts.. took a break a bit and catching up and smiling.

Who knew? Major Cane indeed.

ps... what did Rabbi predict from Alex? Don't want to go back into all those posts but curious.

Bobbi
ps...agree quietly on el nino tho think he will wait to hit his peak around Christmas Time, decorate the whole Ocean in his favorite color as El Nino should officially do. Maybe no big November storms but what an August surprise.. better than July.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center