Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 05 2004 07:19 PM
okay..calm down..

Someone cries El Nino around here and every one suddenly comes out of the water screaming SHARK!!!

Do think El Nino is starting. Not sure that we won't have CV .. think we will.

Personally (and I've said this to a few friends) I think the reason the GULF June/July season could be related to El Nino even though its not apparent yet. Reminded me of 97.. Maybe like pressure drops before winds intensify there are signs out there.

But...wouldn't shut down the door on the season.

Atlantic/CV has a problem (if any) because of dust.. no reason betsy/andrew storms couldn't form.

First place to see signs of El Nino would be closest to its home base.. Carib.. Gulf.

Good explanation on outflow boundaries. Always knew that but knew it instinctually I think.. never had a real crisp explanation.

breathe a bit on the El Nino thing before the powers that be get upset we aren't talking on topic.

and..may I say here.. think we should have an El Nino board for news related articles and observations

thanks, bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center