Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Fri Aug 06 2004 02:26 AM
Administrative Post - Clarifications

Just some guidance.
1. For what must be at least the third time, Main Page responses on MJO, El Nino, etc., are perfectly fine since they normally are associated with current activity, a lack of current activity, or an anticipated activity. I've made them myself, e.g., from July 19th:

"Regarding El Nino having an impact on this season...well, not very likely. We may eventually get to a weak El Nino state, but it will not happen until the season is over - perhaps in the December-January timeframe - and thats not certain either. The ENSO pattern so far this year is pretty close to the patterns that were observed in 1953 and 1990 - and to a lesser extent to 1969 (1969 was a tad warmer). The oceans are very conservative, i.e., it takes a long time for change to take place. Its probably smarter to look at month to month (or even season to season) changes in SSTs rather than week to week changes when you are trying to determine a trend."

2. The word 'never' is a dangerous word in the Weather business, especially when 'never' becomes 'oops'.

3. Don't make a post with only a statement saying that something will or will not happen without explaining 'why'. They are posts that are nothing more than useless clutter and are often made with the intent of prodding someone else into making an angry response. If I post a statement that Invest 92L will become a TD in two days and will rapidly intensify to hurricane status in four days...and never say anything else, i.e., what prompted me to feel that way, you would be all over my case. HankFrank and I don't care too much for these types of posts, especially those that are intended to aggrevate, so please don't make them. Their survival rate on the Board could become shorter than TD2.

4. There were some good meteorological posts today. There were also some bad meteorological posts today - sometimes by the same individual?!? Thanks for the good ones!

5. Remember that conflicting opinions are often the source for great dialogue. These conflicts are fine as long as you can keep an open mind and respect the other persons point of view - even when you disagree with it.

Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center