rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Aug 06 2004 12:42 PM
Re: Administrative Post - Clarifications

"If I post a statement that Invest 92L will become a TD in two days and will rapidly intensify to hurricane status in four days...and never say anything else, i.e., what prompted me to feel that way, you would be all over my case. HankFrank and I don't care too much for these types of posts, especially those that are intended to aggrevate, so please don't make them. Their survival rate on the Board could become shorter than TD2.

4. There were some good meteorological posts today. There were also some bad meteorological posts today - sometimes by the same individual?!? "

I had no idea this would turn into a big brother is watching forum. If someone wants to give a gut feel, and doesn't have the meteorological knowledge to back it up...what of it?...shall we limit this to the wordy and "intelligent" moderators and weather watchers, and leave the novices out, like unwanted peasants?...

don't quite understand the point of moderating someone's feeling. This will quickly turn into just a few person's viewpoints, and thereby lose my interest altogether.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center