Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Aug 06 2004 01:23 PM
Clarifications-well put Rick

Wow.. you took the words off my fingers that I was going to type and then thought, "why bother?" and didn't bother.

But, you did. And, prefer this comment does not get deleted as I do not want to have to send email to Rick as this is for the whole forum.

Sometimes we DO have a "gut" feeling and that is different from some kid signing on and saying "DUDE, THIS IS GONNA BE A MONSTER GOING TO JAX" I mean there are guidelines and suggestions and then there are enough rules to need a manual.

I'm really sorry but sometimes I get a gut feeling. And, I do have a really extensive background in meteorology and oceanography beyond the casual observer. I am sure my "gut" feeling is based on something I know or learned somewhere but sometimes I don't want to have to sit there trying to put it into proper meteorological jargon that will make some retired met on this board feel he is not wasting his time with 'stupid idiots" and that is the feeling some of us get at times.

This board should be a board for all of us. Those who are working in the field, those who are retiring, retired or aspire still to be professional mets. It should be a board for kids learning the ropes and mothers who want to do something other than shove soccer down their kids throats and grandmas who would rather track canes than knit baby blankets.

Sometimes someone might come on and know what they are talking about. A 5.5 on the scale of knowledge and look at some storm like Alex and say ... I got a feeling it can and will explode and might be a BIG hurricane. Maybe deep down they are thinking of Alberto or some other storm that did intensify at a high lat but they just don't want to sit and write a term paper giving proper research and footnotes. They just have a "gut" feeling.

Gut feelings are based on real knowledge usually. People who are intuitive learners and not by the books left brain people who have to find a reference in some book they saw somewhere before they would be sure to quote that source and etc.. We are left and right brain people. Why can't this board be for all of us.

I think the difference between some regular or newbie posting "got a feeling she's going to explode" is way different from "THIS MOMMAS GONNA TAKE OUT NAWLINS"

so please relax a bit and think of all of us on the board and our needs and that will contribute to a more user friendly board. If someone doesn't want to read through one of my long rambling posts (vs someone who finds it humorous) or one of Hank's long posts w/o punctuation (which others find informative) and if someone wants to read a two or three line post by someone who bothered to post that says "look at that wave, its going to be a storm soon" ..in my opinon "let them"

Save the editing for the really offensive posters and people who are out to stir up trouble.

My opinon.

Wouldn't have posted this w/o Rick's post but agree with him whole heatedly.

And, if you think I'm being heavy handed I have stopped myself from writing a whole slew of things that were:
a) didnt need to be said here
b) were a bit too blunt
c) extremely honest and true
d) all of the above

But, I'm feeling kind today. Honest.. but good and kind.
Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center