LI Phil
(User)
Fri Aug 06 2004 02:32 PM
My $.02

Gotta go with Steverino, there. It's the completely anon's who "chuck and duck" that are what bring down the board. However, I think it's perfectly acceptable to make a blanket statement, as long as you back it up with "just a gut feeling," "no meterological reasoning here," "reminds me of storm 03 from '72," etc. We're all here to learn and post relevant comments, and try to stay on topic.

If it seems like everybody is ganging up on Rabbit, it's not because he doesn't make sound meterological arguments (because he does), but it's the manner in which he conveys his sentiments. He may have more knowledge than many of us (but certainly not all). Civility and humility go a long way.

It's great to be right. It really is. But it's also quite humbling to be wrong (grumble). So, lets keep the forum civil and humble and we'll all be the richer for it.

Bobbi's got some good points, as do Steve and CatV Rick. I think Ed's point was not meant to "scare off" newbies or those with less knowledge of the weather than others. He'd just prefer (as we all would) that if you do say this or that will happen, simply have something to back it up (even if it is just your 'gut' feeling). That's OK.

OK, them's my 2 pennies. Now lets talk about the weather!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center