LI Phil
(User)
Fri Aug 06 2004 08:04 PM
Dead Friday...

Well, it's a pretty quiet Friday, both at sea and on the boards. I said today would be a wait and see day, and boy, it sure is. Only three things of interest out there:

Alex: Gave us all a lesson in persistence. The little engine that could just keeps chugging along. Even though he's completely extratropical now, he's still packing TS strength winds. Rich & James, should Alex's remnants reach you, let us know how the mother country fared. He should be there by Sunday.

XTD2/91L-still up on NRL, so it's still possibly a playa. Right now just dumping rain and t-storming for Hispaniola, Coobah and Jamaica mon. Nothing happening now, conditions could marginally improve in a day or so. I'm not declaring it dead, but it could sure use a heater and some smelling salts.

92L-I am now of the view that this will definitely become a TD, and possibly Bonnie, within 48 hours. It's pretty small and is a pretty well developed area of low pressure. If it does develop, which I think it will, it will merely churn the mackarels..or whatever fishes are out there.

Pretty much that's all there is. Another wait and see day on tap tomorrow I'm afraid. I eagerly await HanKFranK's daily commentary...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center