LI Phil
(User)
Sat Aug 07 2004 03:36 PM
Re: Quiet for Awhile/Sattiday Morning JB

Thanks for the new thread, Ed. I posted this on the last forum, so I'll re-post it here:

Nothing much on the horizon this weekend, tho ole Joe still won't give up on XTDII getting into the GOM next week. System near 10/40 may perk up once it gets 50 west early next week. But that's not what piqued my interest.

He stated this at the beginning of the season, but now it's playing out: the years of 1960 & 1985 are quite similar to 2004, as far as temp patterns-cold (versus average) in the middle of the nation, warm at the coasts. Anyone who knows hurricane history should get a tingling down the spine at the meniton of those years. Three retired names in those two years...nuff said.

Looks to be quite the quiet weekend...no worries.

Cheers & Peace,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center