HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Aug 07 2004 11:07 PM
dunce cap

worked all day, hoped there would be some real activity to talk about once home.. denied. 91 and 92L seem intent on not developing, so i'm about ready to rest my case and let my clients go receive their judgment. 91L is a classic case of losing any semblance of surface organization just in time for the upper environment to improve, 92L the classic case of great little surface system, greater shear. i'll consign them to their fates, call 91L a very marginal development risk that is bound for a yucatan/BOC trajectory, and give 92L up to either the upper shear (the jets seem to be almost overlapping, and plenty of robber convection is persisting NE of the actual system), or the deep trough which is not too far ahead. likely to lose its identity by monday. i guess shooting at rabbit's feet isn't going to pay this time. varmint was dancing to another drummer. apparently being a moderator doesn't beget any new forecasting talent.
new entries/mentions. alex's new embodiment as a north atlantic gale is as mentioned about to cross the u.k. and ireland, and i'm sure rich and james will keep us informed on exactly how significant the effects are.
low latitude system, low amplitude wave with a low/mid swirl located around the itcz. seems to be moving just north of west, but racing. shear environment ahead looks good for a couple of days, but it has to separate and decelerate before it can do much.
gulf low.. should just hang for a while. environment not great, but this sucker could occlude and switch teams. time is on it's side. it might take days, but already some models have suggested significant cyclogenesis in the area.
nothing imminent or terribly impressive right now. quiet sabbath on this side of the atlantic, stormy on the other.
HF 2311z07august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center