LI Phil
(User)
Sat Aug 07 2004 11:14 PM
Re: dunce cap

>>> varmint was dancing to another drummer. apparently being a moderator doesn't beget any new forecasting talent.

Or in my case, any forecasting talent a'tall.

Think the gom needs to be watched, something could be trying to get going south of pensacola. 92L appeared to be really getting it going earlier today...just too much dry air and sheer. Couple of other waves, HF touched on them, probably just meander along. I think we're gonna be quiet for a week-10 days while the basin prepares to release more heat a la Alex, this time from a CV wave.

Varmint's been missing for almost 48 hours...now I don't know what's going to happen

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center