LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 08 2004 10:39 AM
spins off the coast forming into storms

Okay...1971
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1971/index.html

First storm formed roughly where this years storm did.
Whole discrepancy over a second storm I suppose...can someone explain that? Well of course someone can, lots of people here ...right?

Beth forms roughly this coming week back then... that would be if I can do the math right33 years ago. IF i did that right and its not 43. Not using paper here..using my pre-coffee brain.

As no one that year probably knew there was that hurricane#2 storm.. Beth would have been the second storm of a busy season that seemingly formed just off coast of Miami.

I believe it reall formed over the Westchester Parking Lot out around SW 87th Ave and Coral Way. An intersection made famous in Hurricane Irene where news crews set up to show "some local flooding." It poured and poured and poured. But of course it was sitting over Miami so no one could actually say a Tropical Depression was forming. Against the rules. Ed and Phil remembers rules. Everyone here remembers rules. The NHC always plays by the rules. Was a pretty rainy day as I can recall. Amazing Mr. Jr. Meteorology that I knew didn't mention it was forming but then he was busy I suppose. So... after being blindsided by the weekend from hell the system (probably an old frontal boundary ...who was paying attention then obviously) in Miami ..the system gets named a system off shore. Around Bimini.

So. you ask if a storm could form?

Yeah... it could. My first thought was no and then my second was yes because I remember seeing old Beth's track the other day when I was thinking how this season and that season had so much in common.

The tracks of the storms that formed after Beth.. in rapid succession are all tracks our former almost TDs had followed. So... in looking back I would say..

a) is a good analog
b) proves things form at the end of dangling fronts
c) what gos around comes around...karma
d) im getting coffee

Thank LadyStorm for pointing out the obvious. I used to go by that name once on another board. Did you know that? Hmmn guess not. Oh well.. I guess it was a good name .. imitation is the best form of flattery I've heard. As long as you don't have multiple personalities lol ...long story.

Will see.

Btw.. lightning doesn't strike in the same spot the same way twice but storms do form at the same lat many times.

And...Ed... yes I was in a good mood, I still am so let's forget about it

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center