HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Aug 08 2004 10:49 PM
dunce cap?

t.d. remants rising from the dead. the cemetery keeper of the hurricane graveyard beat it to death with the shear shovel, but now the carcass seems to be twitching again. i was feeling kind of dumb for misunderestimating the chances this thing had.. now i'm not so sure. it's slowed down and has weak-moderate easterly shear conditions.. and seems to be responding to the deep layer trough over the eastern u.s. development in this area would mean slow movement in the central or eastern gulf while the deep trough decays, awaiting the next shortwave arrival.
away east 93L is slowly improving in appearance, slightly seperate from the itcz, but speeding along much too fast to do anything. with the relatively flat ridging to the east it should slow some but keep on a mostly westerly course unless the broad trough/weak low associated tightens.
weak low near the mouth of the mississippi of little consequence.
92L remains drawing northward into the deep trough in the western atlantic. it broke through the mid level ridging that would have blocked it (too shallow to get caught).. so it's elongated and no longer a development threat.
t.d. 2 has been 'dead' for over three days now. it is unusual for something to come back after that amount of time. may shape up to be a more interesting upcoming week than i was thinking just last night.
HF 2249z08august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center