Robert
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Aug 09 2004 04:18 AM
Re: Spin off melbourne

well Who ever said they saw something off melbourne was probally right. I woke this morning to go check the beach, the forcast said there were suposed to be some knee to thigh high waves today. So as im walking up the board walk of wave land, PSL FL, the first beach i check in few, im think damn west winds its porbbaly going to be flat.....................
\ /
(o) (o)
^
{_____}

My mouth dropped after that face as 7ft Bombers are rolling in out of the NE. So I quickly went to the beach i would go to in that situatuion, and i got to surf some of the heaviest dense waves i think i have ever seen in florida many a people went home with broken boards, cuts, Gashes, grazes, and possibly one Cucusion i think thats the spelling when you slam your head into the reef. But any ways those waves came from something and when i checked the bouys origen was close to home within 250 miles of the coast. becuse no other bouys further away had wave that big excpet for the 20 and 120 mile bouy off the cape wich were NE all night while lake worth station was Sw all night.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center