BugsBunny
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Aug 09 2004 02:43 PM
Re: STDS...

I've been away from the computer for a few days--major cleaning to be done. Woke up this morning to see a possible developing system east of the Antilles; and surprised to see ex-TD2 regenerating after completely falling apart a few days ago--I thought for sure it was over (glad I was wrong; hope I'm not admitting this too soon only for it to fall apart like 97L)
could be a TD later today. As for 93L, is that an eye ?? Could that be an indication that it will be closed off later today??
In any case, you can't have organization like that and a 53 mph gust with a depression--if closed off, it will go directly to TS
(note on this topic: 1993 was the last time two depressions were named in opposite order of original classification--TD5 developed Aug 21, TD6 developed Aug 22; TD6 became Dennis Aug 23 and TD5 became Emily Aug 26. This year might be:
TD3=Bonnie; TD2=Charley)
also, the last time something waited 5 or more days to regenerate was Dean in 2001--sheared apart Aug 23; regenerated from extratropical system Aug 28

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center