Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 09 2004 03:07 PM
Re: JB

Yo LiPhil... Camille was a very small storm, diameter of eye was less than 10 miles wide, I think it was about 8 miles wide when it went inland... and this system is also small... we all saw just last week how fast Alex strengthened.... bottom line... we get the LLC cooking, and it does appear to have one, albeit not that strong at the moment, anything can happen... as with developing systems it also appears to have a stacking problem.. this will NOT be a Camille, not even close...... I don't think I will ever see another Camille in my neck of the woods... that's my one in a life time storm...

Teal, you can't really see the center of the LLC based on radar as it can't see that low on the surface from that far away, what your seeing on radar is probably the midlevel circulation.... that's why I thought the LLC could be a little farther north that what you posted but I really don't know for sure, its just a guess on what I could see off the vis, and your guess could be as good as any.... still think our little baby is having stacking problems with the mid and LLC and needs to get this ironed out before it can do much more...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center