rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Aug 09 2004 05:35 PM
two timing

Well, not just one, but a double wammy. I think the system in the Gulf may prevent that wave out there, when it DOES enter the Gulf in 5 days or so...from becoming the mother of all storms...if it wipes enough of the enegy and temperature out of the bath tub...

I have watched systems for over 12 years now, and the wave entering the caribbean is already a depression, and possibly a tropical storm within 12-24 hours. It would NOT suprise me if this blossomed quickly into a major hurricane. Just has that look to it. Suprised it is not already classified.
Since these have cycles, we will see if the whole thing plays out to be someone's worst nightmare, or just another fun thing to watch.

It sure looks impressive, is south enough to enter the gulf, and big enough to ward off the graveyard ahead of it.

hmmmm

The system in the bay of Campeche will possibly make a miserable weekend of being on my trawler, and the one behind it...will finish me off....HA!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center