Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Aug 09 2004 07:43 PM
TD 3-impressive

Anybody who is on right now should look on the visible satellite picture. J/K, we're hurricane freaks, we always do that anyway! With all seriousness though, TD 3 seems like the kind of system that could cause MAJOR problems for folks in the central and eastern Gulf by the weekend. Granted, I think an eastern Gulf impact is more likely due to the timing of the trough. But everybody needs to keep their eyes peeled with a storm like this.

Just look at it...I'll bet 3 is already a TS. And the symmetry and cloud pattern appear to be more advanced than they do with your "average" TD. And the conditions ahead are fairly favorable.

Have to keep post brief due to time concerns. Basically, I think that there's a chance we could all be looking to the south and east with some apprehension come Friday. As always, this could act in a different manner than expected, but everybody living in the Gulf should keep an eye on 3!

I'm out

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center