Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Mon Aug 09 2004 09:24 PM
Re: Somebody had to do it...

Hey guys,
looks like we are making up for two months of non-activity now doesnt it!

Heres my take on our two new systems:

Tropical Storm Bonnie - a small and potentially fragile system. A tight inner core and small convective envelope... reminds me a little of a rather infamous 1992 Hurricane Think this system stands a good chance of becomming a major player in the Gulf, especially if it can withstand the dry air for the next 24 - 48 hrs (per NHC Discussion). My initial guess on landfall and intensity, if it holds, is somewhere between Mobile and Pensacola, probably as a Cat 1 Hurricane.

Tropical Depression Three - think this has a good shot at becoming Charley in the next 12 hours. Well organised, and in a favourable area at present. No immediate threat, but down the road it looks like it may have Cuba in its sights. Further on, it seems as if maybe the Gulf will get a double whammy.

Will post more soon.

Kind regards

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center