Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Aug 10 2004 04:11 AM
Bonnie & Her Fluctuations

LOL! I am calling them Bonnie and Clyde.

This is only my opinion but here it is anyway: Bonnie might not be big right now, but she's the only thing in the GOM right now, too. The water temperatures are high, and as far as I know, there's nothing out there to stop her from becoming a hurricane soon (within 12-24 hours).

She may be wobbling W, then WNW but the NHC is usually correct with their projections and they have a pretty good track record, despite the fact that we often disagree with them only to be proven wrong. Bonnie is probably reorganizing herself, therefore giving us fluctuations. But don't take it frame by frame. Look at the big picture and you'll get a better idea of the direction. Last year was the first time I depended on the NHC and it actually takes a lot of the stress out of it.

I was surprised to see the track doing almost a U-turn, especially considering the fact that I live just northeast of Tampa.

Can you imagine getting hit by a Cat 1 or 2 and then a Cat 2 or 3 in less then 10 days?? This will prove to be a very busy week here.

Peace dudes

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center